Priorities for Ocular Inflammatory Disease research
At a workshop held on 16 April 2013 attended by patients and eye health professionals the following top 10 priorities for Ocular Inflammatory Disease research were identified:
- What are the most effective treatments for ocular and orbital inflammatory diseases?
- What causes thyroid eye disease?
- Can the severity of ocular and orbital inflammatory disease in an individual be predicted?
- Is it possible to prevent further occurrences of retinal damage caused by toxoplasmosis?
- What causes birdshot retinopathy?
- Why does disease burn out in patients with ocular and orbital inflammatory diseases?
- Can early detection methods be developed for ocular and orbital inflammatory diseases?
- What medications best prevent the development of eye disease in Behcets?
- What causes scleritis?
- Can diet or lifestyle changes prevent uveitis from developing?